The one thing that we all learned from our plans and trips that never happened or didn’t go as we planned is that planning an event comes with its challenges. And when it comes to planning a wedding, it’s a full-time job. There are so many things that need to be taken care of that in the helter-skelter of the planning, your dreams of having the perfect wedding just fade away into exhaustion and fatigue. This is where a wedding stylist and planner comes in. But what’s the difference between the two?
The two terms can be easily confused but a wedding stylist and planner have separate tasks that they need to take care of before and during the wedding. While one focuses on the overall aesthetic, the other handles all the organizational tasks associated with your special day.
Let’s get into a little more detail and find out about the responsibilities of each.
The Role of a Wedding Planner
Image courtesy: Pexels
Planning a wedding is a big deal. A big Indian wedding comes with a great cultural heritage that needs to be incorporated into the theme. An infinite number of decisions including the venue, flowers, food, and guest list have to be made within a small window of time which makes the job even more stressful. Handling the logistics is an ordeal on its own. Now imagine if you could have someone do all this for you. Interested, right?
A wedding planner, also known as an event planner or wedding coordinator, is responsible for the overall coordination and management of the wedding day. This includes handling the venue, negotiating deals with the vendors, making sure everything fits in the budget and overseeing everything on your special day so there are no hiccups. Here’s a list of services that a wedding planner can help you with:
- Budgeting: Finding venues and services that fit your budget is one of the most tedious tasks that we come across while planning a wedding. With a wedding planner at your disposal, budgeting becomes a piece of cake. Just let your planner know your budget and they will give you the best available options that fall under your budget category, saving you from the hassle of going to various vendors and venues while pinching pennies.
- Booking vendors: Be it florists, caterers, decorators, make-up and hair specialists, or the DJ, wedding planners will always bring you the best ones to make your wedding day more memorable. They can also check with the vendors regarding the progress from time to time, ensuring the preparations are smooth and things are on schedule.
- Guest list: The only thing bigger than our hearts is our weddings. Since we know the guest list can’t be compact, having a helping hand to get the invites made and sent is no less than a blessing.
- Travel: The first step to your dream destination wedding is travel. Since we know how heavy the guest list can get, booking travels for all the guests becomes an impossible task. But it’s a breeze when your wedding planner is by your side.
These are some of the many things a wedding planner can make easy for you. It is upon you to decide the tasks that you’d like to outsource to your planner. You can have them arrange everything or just have them oversee the preparations. Most wedding planners can offer your various packages so you can pick the one that suits your needs.
How a Wedding Stylist Can Help You
Image courtesy: Opportunity India
The title may suggest that a wedding stylist styles the bride, which is one of their responsibilities but there’s a lot more a wedding stylist does before and during your special day.
But before everything else, we want you to close your eyes and imagine your perfect wedding. Think about the theme, decor, colors, ambiance, your bridal outfit, and the jewels that go with it. You can have your imagination brought to life with the assistance of a wedding stylist.
A wedding stylist works on creating a cohesive and aesthetically pleasing visual design for your extra special day. They convert your imagination into reality and fulfill your creative needs by giving your wedding the theme and charm that you desire. Some responsibilities of a wedding stylist include:
- Understanding your vision and style: A personal wedding stylist collaborates with the bride and groom to understand what they want their special day to look and feel like. This allows them to come up with a theme for the wedding.
- Creating the design: Planning the color scheme, taking care of the lighting and floral arrangements and the overall decor is also something a wedding stylist specializes in. They make sure that the decor is arranged according to the design plan.
- Making decisions: A wedding stylist decides what flowers, linens, tableware, and chairs go with the theme of the wedding. They also decide on the props that can be used to embellish the venue.
- Styling the (nearly) newlyweds: Certainly the most important task of them all. A wedding stylist works with the bride and groom and gives them a look that goes with the wedding theme. They decide on the colors of the outfit and how it can be graced with jewelry. It can be in contrast with heavy ornaments or can be kept subtle with minimal jewelry to compliment the look. The stylist can play around with colors and shades of the outfit and jewelry as per your request and give you the look that makes you stand out.
The wedding stylist ensures that the design is appealing and that all operations are carried out efficiently while creating an attractive and memorable experience for the couple and the guests. Their aesthetic vision and creativity certainly help the bride and groom bring their ideas to life while saving time and keeping things inside the budget.
A wedding is more than just two individuals coming together. It is a celebration of different cultures and the union of families. It is the beginning of a new life that the bride and groom will build together. Both the wedding stylist and planner have their separate roles in making this day a big success. Not only do they get the job done, they save us from the stress that comes with planning and styling a wedding, allowing us to truly enjoy our special day and make infinite memories.
You can hire a wedding planner that suits your needs and if you’re looking for a bridal wedding stylist, you know where to find us.